If you are looking to invest in something that will bring you a good return, the level of risk goes with the asset you are acquiring. A high-risk investment does usually offer a very attractive return, yet there is a chance you will not make a profit, or worse, lose your investment, and with that in mind, here are a few secure investments you can make.
- Precious Stones – Precious stones are a valuable commodity in which you can put some of your wealth. It is never a good idea to put all of your eggs in one basket, and if you should have the opportunity to buy some diamonds at a fair price, you can expect their value to appreciate over time. Don’t buy any stones that do not have an authentic GIA certificate, as you can never be sure if the diamonds are real, and prior to making any investment, you should do some online research about precious stones.
- Gold – This yellow precious metal is globally recognised and accepted, making it a very attractive proposition for an investor. Once in your possession, a few ounces of gold are easy to store, and should you ever need some security for a loan, there are pawn shops in Sydney who will offer you a great loan deal. Gold coins are also a good investment, and rather than leave your wealth in a currency, gold is a safer investment by far.
- Antique Jewellery – If you love fine items, why not invest some of your money in a superb antique watch? Antique jewellery can make for a very attractive investment, and you should always take very good care of the items, and keep them in a safe place. In the event you wanted a loan to start a new business, a local pawn shop would be able to value the items and allow you to borrow on that security.
- Real Estate – Land prices never go down, and if you have the funds and are looking for a long-term investment, real estate is always a secure investment. Should you purchase a plot of land in a rural area, and development began shortly after, you could make quite a profit in 5 or 6 years, should you decide to sell.
- Silver – Like gold, silver has a current price, and if you buy enough, you could make a good return. Any precious metal is valuable, and some investors buy and sell precious metals on the futures market, where they never actually take possession of the metal, yet they can openly trade.
- Fine Art – One does need to be somewhat of an expert, but if you know what you are looking at, you can make a healthy return on some fine art items. This is usually a hobby for an investor, rather than being an investment strategy. There is an informative article on the best investments in 2019, which is recommended reading for any novice investor.
Any of the above commodities are considered safe investments, and by diversifying your investments, you are minimising the risk of losing money.