If you are a parent or grandparent with children or grandchildren living in Canada and you wish to visit them, it is mandatory to apply for super visa insurance. Let us understand what super visa insurance is all about and how one can apply for it.
What is Super Visa insurance?
In 2011, the Canadian government introduced a multi-entry visa for the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents of the country. Valid for up to 10 years, it allows parents and grandparents to stay in the country for a maximum of up to two years at a time without needing to renew their visas. The process is easy, quick and straightforward; the applicants for super visa insurance must provide proof the host (grandchild/child) have sufficient income to take care of their parents/grandparents, including maintaining a minimum level of income as per the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Upon purchasing super visa insurance, your parents or grandparents are eligible to enter the country as many times as they want for ten years. Unlike a regular visa where the applicant can stay for a maximum of six months, the super visa allows its applicants to remain in the country for a maximum of two years upon their entry. The best part of it all is that super visa insurance is reasonably priced!
Super visa insurance ensures that your parents or grandparents get the required medical attention in case of an emergency. This plan helps you get similar access to the country’s healthcare system that permanent residents and Canadian citizens get.
Eligibility criteria for super visa insurance
The insurance is applicable for parents and grandparents of permanent residents and Canadian citizens, as mentioned above. The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) reserves the right to deny entry to any individual into the country based on the grounds of health or crime.
How to apply for Super Visa insurance?
To apply for super visa insurance, there are a few things you must keep in mind:
- The applicants must submit their applicants from outside the country.
- The host must present enough proof to the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that they will support them financially during their stay in Canada.
- A letter that is signed either by the child or grandchild.
- They must provide proof that they have purchased medical insurance from any Canadian insurance service provider.
- The minimum coverage of the medical insurance policy purchased should be at least CAD 100,000
- The host must provide all the necessary documentation of their citizenship or permanent resident status, including a list of members in their household.
- From the time the applicants enter Canada, the medical insurance should be valid for a minimum of one year. Please note – The IRCC does not accept quotations, so the applicant must provide proof that they purchased the medical insurance in order to obtain the visa.
- If the applicants have to leave Canada before their intended date of departure, the IRCC authorities will evaluate the situation.
- The IRCC reserves the right to look into the applicant’s home country, their reason for travel, their family history and financial status, and the political stability of the country they are residing in.
- To be eligible for a full refund or a pro-rated refund, you must keep your insurance provider aware of the status of your visa, arrival and departure dates.
- Applicants with pre-existing medical conditions may be eligible for medical insurance coverage if the medical condition can be controlled or stable (conditions apply).
- If the parent or grandparent wishes to extend their stay for another year, they will be required to buy a new policy eight days before their current insurance policy expires.
Why applying for Super Visa insurance online is the best option:
There are two ways to apply for super visa insurance, one is on paper, and the other is online. Below-mentioned is reasons why applying for super visa insurance is straightforward and stress-free:
- You can get your super visa application instantly. No fees on courier or mail delivery time.
- There is an excellent chance that online applications may be processed more quickly.
- You can avoid delays in your application processing. If the application is incomplete, it will be returned to you.
- One of the advantages of applying online is that there are fields to ensure that applicants fill all the necessary information before submitting their applications.
- Submitting additional documents online is far more efficient and quicker than sending them through the mail.
- You will not be asked to submit your passport until you are required to do so.
- Applying for super visa insurance online ensures you get timely updates to know the status of your application.
So, if you want to ensure your parents or grandparents are safe and secure during their visit to Canada, then apply for super visa insurance today.
Advantages of Super Visa Insurance
Medicinal Services – Treatment by a doctor or specialist
Analytic Services – X-beams and other indicative tests
Physician recommended Drugs – Drugs and prescription endorsed in a crisis circumstance, limit of multi day supply
Rescue vehicle – Use of an authorized street rescue vehicle in a crisis
Hospitalization – Hospital room, up to semi-private and charges for concentrated and coronary consideration
Dental – Coverage for dental issues or harmed by an incidental hit to the face
Side Trips- Side trips are secured in the event that you are venturing out to the United States or Mexico, as long as your outing starts and ends in Canada and half of your time of inclusion is spent in Canada
Pre-existing conditions- Previous Conditions are secured, as long as the condition has been steady throughout the previous 180 days, before the successful date
You are at right place. Visitor Assurance will help to choose the best fit plan for you at genuine rates. It is the time to travel safely.