It’s almost impossible to avoid getting a traffic ticket at some point. Even the most careful drivers will find themselves rolling through a stop sign or speeding at the most inopportune time. In most places, if you do get a ticket, you will have the option to attend traffic school in exchange for a reduced fine or to keep from getting points on your record.
Luckily, traffic school courses are now available online, so you can take them at a time and place that works well with your schedule. Because the typical traffic school course requires 8 hours of classroom time, going to an actual classroom can be pretty inconvenient if you have a job, school, kids or learning how to use Kelley Blue Book for the millennial. Even if you do have the time to sit in a classroom, there are several other surprising benefits to taking the course online.
Here are all the advantages of attending traffic school online.
- When you opt to take your traffic school course online, you will immediately find out if you passed the course when you finish it. With traditional traffic school, you could be waiting days, or even weeks, to receive your results in the mail.
- Because the work is done online, you will receive your certification that you completed your traffic school course the same day. The courts will also receive your completion certification that day, so any penalties on your record will be reduced or eliminated immediately.
- If written exams are required for your traffic course, they can be taken at exam centers, libraries or notaries and your results will be expedited, so you don’t have to wait as long for your grade.
- Online traffic school comes with the benefit of downloadable reading materials that will be yours to keep for future reference if needed.
- Some insurers will grant auto insurance discounts for those who take online traffic school.
- Taking your traffic course online saves time and money. The cost of missing a day of work is not worth it when you can take the course on your own time online. Being able to take the course at home is convenient and saves money.
The guidelines for traffic school are different from state to state, so be sure to look up the specifics for your state before signing up for a course.